Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not a TEEN anymore

Today a kid called me "UNCLE", I yelled at him "I'm not uncle...I'm bhaiya!", poor kid ran away. The kid deserved it though, no one calls me uncle already!.
Though very far from being a uncle, I realized that I'm not a teen anymore, I have finished college and about to enter the professional world. It was period of transition form being a irresponsible college kid to a working professional, expected to shoulder a lot of responsibilities.
This realization is both exiting and depressing. As a kid I was always exited with the idea of being able to work and earn money, and now that I'm here, It feels sad to know that, those joyful childhood and teenage years are over.
I have this theory, that by the time you hit 30, most of us are married settled into a stable profession and entered a monotonous routine of work and managing the family, with no new prospective's in life. Life becomes pretty much a cycle of definite events reoccurring every 24 hours. There is very less scope left to dream, act crazy and do something out of the box. Hence, I would say, 30 years would be a deadline, for living life solely for yourself, the way you want.
Friends time is ticking, life is short, if there is some thing you wish to do, a experience you wish to have, now is the right time, for u have only 30 years to live!
It is with this idea that I have started seeing things in my life with a new prospective. It has brought a sense of urgency in my thinking, and filled me with a new found zeal toward my dreams.
I do wish that I could grow a few years younger, become a little more juvenile, reverse the flow of time, but again, I wish for a lot of things, but God apparently has no time for any of them.

Moral of the story - don't call me uncle!

4 comments:

  1. hmm.. good. one. i wonder. who that. chap is. to call u uncle.... cant. call. u uncle. dude.
    anyways.
    thought provocative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid .. a college girls calls me uncle :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. good one man...you just reminded me i am also getting old... i also believe in your theory:(:(

    ReplyDelete